Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My favorite time of day

It's my most favorite time of day (next to bed time).  It's NAPTIME!!!  Emily and R are both sound asleep and I love when they do that.  Don't get me wrong, I love both of them with all that I have but a girl can only take so much! :)  

This morning was Em's 18 month well visit and she did wonderfully.  She had to get 3 shots and she took them like a champ...not even one tear!  I am very proud of her and am thankful.  Jenna has her well visit this evening and I know she will be the exact opposite.  She cries just walking into the office.  I've already promised her ice cream for after the visit but I don't think that's going to be enough.  May have to bribe her with a new car or a pony.  Wish me luck!

While I am on the topic of doctor visits, what the hell is up with co-pays!!!  What bs!  When Matt was in the Army we had tricare.  Ok, so they weren't THE best doctors around but everything was taken care of.  Never once a co-pay and now today alone I am paying 2 co-pays to the same doctor in ONE day!  WTH is that all about?  If I am in there within 24 hours then I should only have to pay one co-pay.  I will not get used to this and I will continue to miss the Army.  

So I know some of you are looking for recipes.  Last night was a leftover kind of night but let me just share what I did.  It was pretty good, if I do say so myself and I just did. :)  Anyway, Saturday night Matt and I went out with friends to a restaurant in Brooklyn.  The atmosphere was nice and the food was delicious (expect for my dinner).  I ordered Fettuccine with Chicken which claimed it had mozzarella cheese and tomatoes in it.  I couldn't find either but I was full enough from the ceasar salad (YUMMY!) and calamari and antipaste so it didn't really bother me that my meal had no taste.  Anyway, I ended up coming home with almost 2 lbs of pasta (yes, it was THAT big) with some chicken and red sauce.  Sunday, I made some gravy (red sauce for you non-eyetalians) because we were all out so I had some in the fridge.  I heated up some gravy, added some milk, a fresh tomato from our garden, some pepperoni and some leftover chicken.  I through the left over pasta and chicken into a skillet and added the gravy mixture.  It was pretty yummy and a great salvage of a not so hot meal. :)  Hope this inspires some of you to bring new life to leftovers. 


Not making a special dinner tonight either since Jenna's doctor appointment is tonight and Ellie has a doctor's appointment tonight too.  Think her Lyme Disease is flaring up and she is not getting around so well.  When it rains, it pours!


Feels like a baking kind of day for me.  Thinking I may make Matt's favorite cookies....Black and Whites.  


Making an Emily is coming soon! ;)  Gotta say it's not as entertaining as Jenna's story but I don't want to leave her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment