Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Making an Emily

Now this story is not nearly as exciting as Making a Jenna was but I love my little peanut so I am going to share her story too.  I found out I was pregnant with Emily when Matt was away for a week.  Of course, I found out Sunday and had to wait a whole week to tell him or anyone else and that was killer!  When I was pregnant with Jenna, I made Matt a "Proud Father to Be" t-shirt.  Matt came home from his trip to find the t-shirt on his pillow with "again" written under neath it next to a picture of Jenna wearing a shirt that said "Big Sisters are the Coolest."  He was stunned and speechless but happy.  Now my pregnancy with Emily was not nearly as easy as my pregnancy with Jenna.  It wasn't all that tough but add in the fact that I was also taking care of Jenna and C, it was trying.  I was having blood pressure issues throughout my pregnancy and was put on bed rest for 4 hours a day.  Here's another tough part....Matt was told he would be leaving for Afghanistan "soon".  Well, I was due March 31st.  The first date Matt was given was in the end of Feb.  Now, they tried to make the "deal" sweeter by saying it would only be 30 days at the most.  Here's a tip for dealing with the military....don't believe a word they say!!!  The date kept getting moved and we finally got a date of sometime in May, with a week of "training" before that.  Even with all of my blood pressure issues, Em was just too comfortable and wasn't even thinking of coming out early.  Add to all of this the fact that Em was breech. Not even just breech and that was that, she kept flipping back and forth.  Great, now they wanted to talk about "flipping" her.  Hell no!!!  I have heard that is super painful and I was in no way ready for that.  Yes, I know I gave birth to Jenna naturally but after seeing what my sister went through with C, I was more nervous for this delivery than I was for Jenna's.  They (who are they anyway?) say that your 2nd child (labor and delivery) are easier than the first but how can I top 4 hours of labor?  I was so nervous that Em was going to be 48 hours of labor and I couldn't even imagine how I would survive that.  Well, Em helped me out of that.  Being that she was breech and there was no way of telling if flipping her would work, my doctors discussed a c-section.  All of the doctors in the practice knew Matt was scheduled to leave and they wanted to work with us.  My c-section was scheduled for my 39th week, March 24th.  We go in that morning and they are about to roll me into the OR and the doctor decides he wants to do a quick ultrasound to make sure Em is still breech.  Well, she wasn't....of course!  I had a feeling this would happen so at dinner the night before, Matt and I discussed what we would do if this was the case.  The doctor said we had three options.  (1) we could wait her out and have her come on her own (seeing as how Matt was leaving in 2 weeks, that was not an option for us) (2) He could induce me and we could see what happens but he didn't think I would progress any and would most likely end up in a c-section (after laboring for lord knows how long) or (3) continue with the c-section and meet our little girl within the hour.  We chose option 3 and moved right along into the OR.  The c-section was uneventful and my recovery was as well.  When I had Jenna, I didn't have an option of sending her to the nursery at night so I could get some sleep (which was hell!) but with Em I did and I did just that every night.  I don't think I have ever had such wonderful sleep before. :)  The percocet didn't hurt either.  2 weeks after Em was born Matt was off to do his week-long "training" and I was left with a Jenna and an Emily!  :)  He came home for a few days and was gone again for way longer than 30 days!  So there you have it....Emily's story.  See, I told you it wasn't as exciting as Jenna's.  But they are entirely different girls and I love it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment