Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Here goes nothing

Hi everyone! My friend, Cindy, suggested I start blogging so here goes.  My friend, Matt, helped me come up with the name. :)  We went through a lot of different names and when we started thinking of play on movie titles (i.e Fast Times at the Phelan Household, Momminator, etc) he came out with Dinner and a Mommie which is perfect!  When I put the idea of starting a blog out there on FB, a few friends said they wanted to see recipes since I have been posting so many on FB. There you have Dinner and a Mommie!  Couldn't be more perfect.  

Ok, so if you are reading this, you know me so you can skip this next section.  If, by any chance, you happened upon me for whatever reason, here is a little of my back story.  My husband and I met in college in 1999.  We graduated college in 2002 and he enlisted in the US Army.  While he was stationed in AZ, we were married in 2003 and I moved there in 2004.  We were then moved to GA Aug. 2004.  He was deployed Feb 2005 - Jan 2006.  Nine months later, our first daughter was born. :) That's a whole 'nother story for another post (coming soon). When our first daughter, J, was 6 months, my husband was deployed again so J and I gave up our post housing and moved to NJ to be closer to family.  My husband came home July 2008 and was stationed in NJ.  We bought our house in Sept 2008 in my hometown (which I said I would NEVER do) and we couldn't be happier.  Our second daughter, E, was born in March 2010.  My husband finished his time in the US Army and after 8 years, we closed that chapter in our book of life. 

I am a stay at home mom and I also care for our niece, R (5 months), and nephew, C (3 years).  So, you can say I have my hands full.  J & C are both in preschool full time (thank goodness) so during the day I get to hang out with 2 really cool girls. People ask me how I do it and, to be honest, I have no clue.  Some days go by in a blur and others draaaaaaaaaaagggggggg ooooooooonnnnnnnnn (you get the idea) FOR-EV-ER!  I feel burnt out most days but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  A lot of mothers aren't lucky enough to be able to stay home with their children and I get to see my daughters, niece and nephew grow into little people and it's the best thing EVER! 

So, I think this blog title pretty much sums up what it's going to be.  I will be posting recipes that I find and think look tasty and simple (some not so) to share with you guys.  I will also be filling you all in on the daily shenanigans that are my life with 4 kids.  

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the feedback! 

3 comments:

  1. so happy you did this! i will be following you!!! and lol about being back in your hometown...i soooo can relate girl!!! cant wait for those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome J...I was following your recipes on FB. Loved to see "whats for dinner tonight" bit. Maybe you might inspire me to cook something new for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete