Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cake time

I don't know why I do this to myself but here goes another cake adventure.  Jenna requested a "Jessie" cake this year and I am trying out a new technique.  Today I am baking the cakes, yes I said cakeS!  4 boxes of cake mix (still not brave enough to make cake from scratch!) = 2 12x2 inch cakes and 12 cupcakes.  I am going to trace Jessie on to one cake and Bullseye, her trusty steed, on the other cake.  Since I was only able to get 12 cupcakes I will spell "Happy 5th Bday!" on them. I know it's just cake but since I started out making "cool" cakes for her birthdays I feel I have to continue.  It turns into many hours of work and stress.  But, seeing the smile and awe on Jenna's face, makes it all worth it in the end.  I will post a picture when I am done.  Although I can't start until I go buy an icing tip for writing...seems I have misplaced my tip, although I vaguely remember getting so frustrated after my last cake adventure, I threw stuff out. :)  Oh well....fingers crossed this one goes better. 

5 comments:

  1. FOR MY BIRTHDAY I WANT A CHOCOLATE CAKE IN THE SHAPE OF A BLACKBERRY! You Might need to start a business with those type of skills. Good Luck with the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why i outsource Sarah's bday cakes.... I have zero patience. Way to go Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gab! I am trying. When I am tired of trying, I will most likely keep trying. :) I don't like buying cakes when I can make them myself.
    Jamar, a blackberry, the fruit or a blackberry, the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll come out great!!! If you have any problems, or questions just get my number from Deb. I learned another technique today at my class to make a picture on a cake. I know how you feel about being stressed before it, but int he end it is definitely so worth it! Mine started with Andrew's first birthday 9 years ago, and now I look forward to making one each birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim! I am hoping it comes out well but if it doesn't pull off like Deb's then I will be happy enough with a plain ole cake. :) Whatever happens, happens! I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete