Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Potty Training time for Emily

The time has come for Emily to be potty trained...at least that is what I am telling myself.  I am SO done with diapers.  Yes, I know R is still in diapers but I only have to change her 2-3 times a day...that I can handle.  :)  Plus, we got the wrong overnight diapers and Em is soaking through her clothes every night (2 times last night) and I am done with all the extra laundry too. I know, that doesn't seem like a reason to potty train an almost 2 year old but I am giving it a shot.  I am using the same method with Emily that I used with Jenna.  It's the bare bottom method and it worked wonders for Jenna.  The first day was HELL but the 2nd day was heaven (she even took a nap without a diaper) and she was fully potty trained in 3 days! (no diapers for nap or bedtime!) :)  Matt's sister-in-law had trained our niece and was my go to mom with potty training.  I remember calling her after only 2 hours of training Jenna, ready to give up.  She assured me it would get better and it did! :)  Ok, so we are less than 2 hours in with Emily and she has gone on the potty 2 times already!!  WOO HOO!! My only concern  is the whole keeping her bare bottom for at least 3 months.  It's cold out there! We will see how it goes. So far, so good..keeping fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment