Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Week 15 Visit

When I went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy back in week 8, I believe it was, they found a subchorionic hematoma.  That's a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. Some doctors will also just refer to it as a blood clot.  I had to go back to the doctor every 2 weeks to get ultrasounds to check on the status of the bleed.  I was also put on pelvic rest (no exercise, no lifting anything over 20 lbs (i.e Emily and R), etc...).  I do not remember having this with the girls but apparently I did. Of course when you hear something like that you do all your research (i.e. you "Google that sh*t") and you worry.  Every little twinge makes you worry.  Well, I shall worry no more (about that at least) cause today they told me it's GONE!  

I also got the results from the blood test for down syndrome and, after much worry, everything is great.  

I also had the pleasure of having my Glucose test today.  If you've experienced this test, you know I am being sarcastic. That drink takes me back to when I was a little kid drinking that orange drink from McDonald's.  Holy sugar, Batman!  Normally, that test is given between weeks 24 & 28 but because I have a history of Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome, they like to be cautious and do the test early.  If I remember correctly, I may even have to do it again between weeks 24 & 28.  I haven't had Gestational Diabetes with either of the girls so the doctor isn't too worried.  

Today was the first time I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was wonderful!  :)  The Ultrasound Tech tried to see if she could tell the sex of the baby but the baby was being stubborn.  He/She was sitting Indian style and the tech couldn't get a good look.  Have to wait till my next visit which will be the big 20 week ultrasound. 

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment