Total Pageviews

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One of my worst nightmares...

As many of you know, Jenna is my 5 year old teenager.  Talking back and being sassy are her life's work these days.  It's very trying and I just don't know how to rein that in.  Her sassiness knows no bounds!  We were at Chase's soccer "game" the other day and she just wasn't listening.  I had had enough and told her if she does xyz again, we were leaving.  Of course, not two seconds later, we were headed to the car...her screaming and crying behind me.  In the car, I am trying to talk to her about her behavior and she says, (insert knife in my chest...) "I wish I didn't have a mother!" It took everything in me not to cry my eyes out right then and there.  I know, I know, she doesn't know what she is saying, she doesn't mean it and all that but that doesn't make it hurt any less.  My friend, Cindy, told me her son said it to her around this age too and she told me how she had the "words can hurt" talk.  She suggested I use Jenna's fear of shots (needles, not drinks) and explain how sometimes words can hurt like getting shots hurts her.  After I calmed down, I had the talk with her and I think she understood but, of course, I know this won't be the last time I hear her say that.  Guess I just have to grow some thicker skin. 

3 comments:

  1. She'll most likely say it when she's 20 and wants to move in w/a boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will be better prepared when she's 20 and I really don't think it will hurt as much as this one did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Julianna is so sassy, sometimes she actually storms into her room and closes the door! I figured I had at least 8 or 9 years until this started...sadly I was mistaken!

    ReplyDelete